Position # 45945287
OPS Staff Assistant – Photograph Scanner
Bureau of Archives and Records Management
The State Archives of Florida announces the availability of one part-time position assisting State Archives’ Florida Memory program with digitization of historical photographs and records according to preservation standards. This is an O.P.S. (Other Personal Services) position and not part of the State of Florida Career Service System.
The Florida Memory program digitizes selections from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida. Staff scan pre-selected photographs according to established digitization guidelines. Other tasks include transcription and indexing of historical records.
- Scanning historical photographs and records according to preservations standards.
- Digitally cropping, editing, adjusting and optimizing scanned images for the web.
- Handling and care of historical records.
- Transcribing and indexing historical records.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of weighing up to 30 pounds.
- At least two years’ credit toward a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Up to 2 (two) years of relevant work experience may be substituted for college credit.
- Familiarity with desktop computer applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, history, political science, public administration, information studies or related field.
- Experience with photography or graphic arts.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software.
- Experience handling historical records.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Safe handling of delicate records.
- Attention to detail in performing assigned tasks.
- Reliable attendance.
Working hours: Part-time, Monday through Friday, not to exceed 25 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Please submit a resume showing your qualifications for this position; copy of college transcripts; and at least two employment reference contacts to Mark Nicolou at Mark.Nicolou@dos.myflorida.com.
More information: OPS Staff Assistant - Photograph Scanner.pdf