- Type: Full Time
- Offered by: Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach, 311 Peruvian Avenue, Palm Beach, Florida 33480
- Salary: Salary Dependent on Experience and Includes Full Benefits Package, range $45,000-60,000/year
- Deadline: July 31, 2020
- Position Reports To: Executive Director
- Position Description: Director of Archives
The Director of Archives is responsible for the access to, professional care, daily management, and maintenance of the Foundation's archives including its organization, preservation, and storage.
The Director of Archives is responsible for promoting the Foundation's archives and collections through programming and social media strategies that increase awareness of the Foundation and cultivate the next generation of stewards.
The Director of Archives is responsible for collaborating on special exhibitions and publications that advance scholarship in the architectural, cultural, and ecological heritage of Palm Beach.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit electronically a letter of interest, three professional references, and supporting documents addressing the qualifications and responsibilities specified to Amanda Skier, Executive Director at askier AT palmbeachpreservation.org. Please indicate "Director of Archives Recruitment" in the email-subject line. Please submit all applications by close of business on July 31, 2020.
- M.A. or M.L.I.S. in Archives, Library Sciences, Museum Studies, or related field with formal training in archives management and preservation or commensurate experience.
- Three years of archives experience is required.
- Experience with professional archives management software and environmental monitoring applications.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and administration skills; ability to effectively utilize technology in support of these skills.
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills.
- Coordinate and facilitate archives access requests by staff, members, and the public, as well as responding to archives information inquiries and requests.
- Work with donors and staff to acquire new collections.
- Responsible for archival maintenance including: Organizing, digitizing, and rehousing collections; Ensuring accurate and up-to-date inventories, describing collections and writing finding aids.
- Manage archival policies and procedures.
- Reassess collections in storage and space needs.
- Facilitate Preservation Foundation publications through communication with publishing houses and authors.
- Produce scholarly articles and publications.
- Assist Director of Programming with research for exhibitions and preparation of information.
- Promote Foundation's collections and resources by developing and implementing public programming and social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with other institutions to facilitate reciprocity in resource sharing.
- Train and supervise archival interns and volunteers.
- Update and manage department's webpages.
- Coordinate with vendors for best IT practices.
- Maintain yearly budget.
- Assist staff with Foundation business including daytime and evening events.
- Other duties as assigned.