This position is on the Governors’ Records Review and Redaction Team. Working with electronic and paper records, the employee reviews, identifies and redacts confidential and exempt information, as identified by Florida Statutes, from archival collections, specifically governors’ records.
· Review, identify and redact confidential and exempt information from archival collections.
· Bachelor’s degree in History, Political Science, Public Administration, or Information Studies.
· Familiarity with desktop computer applications.
· Master’s degree in History, Political Science, Public Administration, or Information Studies.
· Coursework in Florida history or government.
· Coursework, formal training or work experience in archives or records management.
· Understanding of Florida Public Records Law.
· Current Department of State employee.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Professional discretion.
· Consistent, reliable attendance.
Ability and willingness to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
Working hours: Part-time, Monday thru Friday, not to exceed 28 hours per week
Please submit a resume showing your qualifications for this position; copy of college transcripts; and at least two employment reference contacts to Tyeler McLean at Tyeler.McLean@dos.myflorida.com.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: A Level 2 criminal background check is a condition of employment. If selected for this position, you must provide your fingerprints. We will send your fingerprints to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a criminal background check.
Relatives of current Florida Department of State employees will not be considered.
We are committed to enhancing our workforce through the employment of Veterans, individuals with disabilities and seek qualified candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds, abilities, skills, and talents to join our inclusive workforce.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: https://www.sss.gov
Application or resume must include all previous employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.