JM Family Enterprises, Inc. is one of the largest, most innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to For for 19 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core values, the three C’s, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation, Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.
The JM Family College Internship program is designed to create an opportunity for college students to have meaningful work experiences that tie to their programs of study. Students in the program will actively contribute to their teams success, learn about JM Family's company and culture and obtain new skills through learning opportunities and networking events. The individual selected for this internship will be responsible for supporting their department in a variety of functions. The individual will have the opportunity to experience and participate in all aspects of the department. This opportunity will provide the intern with exposure to all activities related to the department's initiatives and to professional development opportunities.
The individual selected for this internship will be responsible for supporting the JM Family Corporate Archives. The intern will assist the Corporate Archivist in collecting, preserving and sharing JM Family’s history.
This opportunity provides for a student to participate in archival processing and preservation work, such as inventorying, arranging and describing archival collections, processing and re-housing physical assets in a storage facility, entering and editing data in a collection management system, and performing basic preservation work. Duties may include testing new workflows and metadata cleanup, responding to research requests, assisting with events, exhibits and programs.
- Actively enrolled in a degree seeking program with a focus in Archive, Library Science or History
- Completed one full year of study at an accredited college or university
- Relevant completed coursework in Archives, Digital Content Management, History or Museum Studies
- Core archival knowledge including knowledge of archival ethics
- Basic understanding of archival arrangement and description
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize
- Skilled with computers and databases
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to scan and use Photoshop efficiently, familiar with other content management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to work part-time (20-24 hours/week)
For more information or to apply, visit https://corporatecareers-jmfamily.icims.com/jobs/2865/intern%2c-corporate-archives/job