Under the supervision of the Dean of the Library, the Archivist is responsible for all aspects of the library’s University Archives and Special Collections, both in tangible and online formats. Must have demonstrated knowledge of archives and special collections with a thorough understanding of best archival practices. Must be a team player dedicated to excellent customer service and have strong computer and technology skills. Supervises student assistants.
Oversees the functioning of Archives and Special Collections, including accessioning and processing archival material into both tangible and online files using controlled vocabulary and best archival practices. Maintains and updates archival files. Applies records retention standards in accordance with University policies and best practices. Practices preservation to ensure long-term viability and appropriate storage of material. Provides research services for the University community, as well as the surrounding public community, researchers, historians, and genealogists. Supports academic programs and curriculum upon request. Promotes the Archives and Special Collections through marketing, social media, and exhibits.
THE DUPONT-BALL LIBRARY: The duPont-Ball Library (stetson.edu/library) has a collection of approximately 250,000 print volumes and a large collection of electronic journals, databases, and e-books, as well as a collection of scores and recordings in support of the School of Music. The library staff includes 8 library faculty members and 16 support staff. The library’s Archives and Special Collections (archives.stetson.edu), a highly visible department, is a University distinctive with unique holdings used in research, films, documentaries, and genealogy research.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree (MLS with archives coursework and/or experience or master’s degree emphasizing archives and special collections).
- The ability to combine independent work and highly-developed organizational skills;
- the ability to complete short-term tasks efficiently and long-term tasks with persistence;
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to effectively multi-task;
- familiarity with standard office computer software and procedures;
- excellent judgment, creativity and imagination;
- the ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity;
- must have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective work with a large and diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Work involves critical thinking, independent judgment, and discretion. Work is performed with considerable independence within the scope of established policies and procedures. Requires an individual who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, goal and task-oriented.
- Master’s degree (MLS with archives coursework and/or experience or master’s degree emphasizing archives and special collections).
- Successful applicant must have coursework and/or experience in archives and special collections.
Preferred: Familiarity with archives software, such as CONTENTdm.
Job Location: DeLand, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
For more information or to apply, visit https://stetson-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=116