Job Title: Librarian I, Archives and Digital (Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding)
Position Number: 996192
Center: Alvin Sherman Library, Research & Information Technology Center
Location: Main Campus, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Job Open Date: 09-20-2017
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Job Category: Exempt
Hiring Range:: Commensurate with experience
Pay Basis: Annually
Subject to Grant Funding?: No
Job Grade/level: 86
Type of Shift: Non-Faculty Full time
Benefits Eligible: Reg FT w/Benefits
Support the goal to acquire, preserve, and make available the institutional archival records according to prevailing professional standards, and subject to relevant policies and procedures. Responsible for prioritizing archives projects, processing archives collections and creating finding aids. Implement best archival practices with respect to the care and conservation of collections and associated collections data in all mediums. Respond to research queries and facilitate on-site research with use of archives materials. Provide University and community-wide reference service to archives materials as needed. Manage digital library initiatives, and establish policies, procedures, and workflow for the digital library. Provide expertise in creating, managing, describing and preserving digital collections. Oversee the implementation of the content management system, digitization processes and metadata creation. Maintain the digital library website.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Support the goals of the NSU Archives to acquire, preserve, and make available the archival records according to prevailing professional standards, and subject to relevant policies and procedures.
2. Using best practices for archives, prioritize archives projects, process archives collections, and create finding aids.
3. Respond to research queries and facilitate on-site research with use of archival materials. Provide reference services to the University and community as needed.
4. Manage digital library initiatives.
5. Provide expertise in describing and preserving digital collections.
6. Oversee the implementation of the content management system, digitization processes, and metadata creation.
7. Manage digital library website.
8. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of library support staff, volunteers, and/or student employees.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Evidence of planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
5. Evidence of ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
6. Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds.
7. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student assistants.
Required Education: Master's Degree
Major (if required): Library Science
Required Experience: Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school.
1. Previous professional library experience.
2. Experience in libraries with digital materials and repositories.
3. Experience working with online database platforms.
4. Demonstrated experience creating Dublin Core metadata.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)? No
Does this position require a criminal background screening? Yes
Quick Link: www.nsujobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=81782