Type: Full Time
Offered by: Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach, 311 Peruvian Avenue, Palm Beach, Florida 33480
Salary: Salary Dependent on Experience and Includes Full Benefits Package
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Position Reports To: Executive Director
Director of Archives and Programming
The Director of Archives and Programming is responsible for managing the Foundation’s collections and planning lectures and exhibitions that foster our mission of preserving the architectural, cultural and ecological heritage of Palm Beach. Programming will encompass a broad range of subject matter, including architecture, interior design, landscape design and historic preservation, and appeal to members of the Foundation and the general public.
The Director of Archives and Programming is responsible for updating and managing the Foundation’s website in addition to developing and implementing a social media strategy that will increase awareness of the Foundation and cultivate the next generation of preservationists.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit electronically a letter of interest, three professional references, and supporting documents addressing the qualifications and responsibilities specified to Amanda Skier, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director of Archives and Programming Recruitment” in the email-subject line. Please submit all applications by close of business on September 30, 2016.
- A Master of Science in Library and Information Science is required.
- Strong understanding of and experience with collections and cataloguing of digital resources.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience in not-for profit organizations, design, historic preservation, or planning a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, administration and personnel management skills; ability to effectively utilize technology in support of these skills.
- Excellent analytical, research and writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the important and developing historic preservation and urban planning issues of the day.
- Work with donors and staff to acquire new collections.
- Reassess collection policy.
- Organize and rehouse collections.
- Describe collections and write finding aids.
- Assist researchers using collections.
- Develop digital library for internal use.
- Reassess collections in storage and space needs.
- Coordinate the digitization of collections.
- Create a plan for ongoing maintenance of the library.
- Schedule lectures that foster the Foundation’s mission.
- Curate exhibitions featuring our collections and related subject matter.
- Produce scholarly articles.
- Update and manage Foundation website.
- Develop and implement social media campaign.
- Manage community outreach to promote the Foundation’s collections and resources.
- Maintain yearly budget.
- Direct archival volunteers.
- Assist staff with Foundation business including daytime and evening events.
- Other duties as assigned.