Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
Salary: $73,000 - $82,000
- Develops short-and long-range plans for overall direction of Historical Resources division.
- Prepares and administers the operating and capital budgets for Historical Resources including setting priorities and managing overall expenditures.
- Ensures that all elements of Historical Resources operations are compliant with core service, county, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Plans and supervises the preservation, development, access and utilization of Historical Resources collection.
- Oversees development review, historic designation, ad-valorem tax exemption and local government programs.
- Prepares presentations and presents to the BCC and internal/external customers.
- Responds to requests from other departments for research and review assistance.
- Evaluates building, equipment, maintenance/repair needs and works with appropriate departments to address issues.
- Researches, prepares applications, implements and administers grants.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff members. Encourages staff to grow professionally through coaching and continuing education.
- Serves as a member of the Library’s Management Team. Actively contributes to developing strategic priorities for the entire Libraries and Historical Resources department.
Outreach and Promotion:
- Acts as liaison to Historic Preservation Board, Historical Commission and Friends of Sarasota County History Center. Coordinate participation of Historical Resources staff to attend meetings and community events.
- Plans and directs the implementation of programs, exhibits and events to promote an understanding of historic Sarasota County.
- Oversees the development of presentations to promote interest and involvement in Sarasota County history to civic groups; participates as a presenter and guides the creation of volunteer speakers for same.
- Monitors trends in public history, archives and preservation to ensure the division stays current with its offerings.
- Develops and maintains community partnerships.
- Prudently adds items to the collections to capture new or emerging historical themes in Sarasota County History.
- Encourages historical research using the collections of Historical Resources.
- Plan and implement public relations activities to increase awareness of resources and services; collaborates with historic organization representatives to enhance regional marketing efforts.
- Networks with other agencies within the County, the community and the historic preservation profession.
A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Historic Preservation, Architectural History, History, Library Science or Public History. Four (4) years of job-related experience, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
To apply: https://careers.archivists.org/jobs/15702215/historical-resources-manager