The Winthrop Group is conducting a personnel search for a contract archivist to assist with a short-term project in downtown Miami, Florida. The archivist will assist with the packing and loading of approximately 250-300 cubic feet of records from a Miami-based foundation for long haul transport to the Rockefeller Archive Center (RAC) in Sleepy Hollow, New York. The onsite work is scheduled for mid-April and expected to take approximately three days with two additional days of remote work. Throughout the project, the contract archivist will collaborate closely with another on-site archivist who will provide project oversight and supervise the contract archivist.
- Participate in virtual pre-move meetings with project stakeholders;
- Conduct pre-move walkthrough and provide move preparation assistance at foundation headquarters in downtown Miami;
- Assist with move of records, including oversight of pulling and prepping of material, and updating the pallet manifest during the move;
- Supervise transport contractors as materials are palletized and loaded on truck;
- Abide by all client and building management COVID-19 masking requirements and public health protocols.
The contract archivist will physically handle and move some materials, although professional movers will handle most of the handling and packing of boxes.
- MLS/MLIS with a concentration in archives or other graduate degree with Certificate in Archival Studies or ACA certification
- Minimum of 2-4 years archives experience
- Previous experience packing and moving archival collections
- Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently
- Florida resident who lives in Miami or within commuting distance
- Ability to lift/move boxes up to 40 pounds
$28 - $32/hr based on experience and qualifications
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to Sam Markham, email@example.com
with the subject line “Contract Archivist – Miami.”