NOTE: Registration for this pre-conference event is external to the SFA site and cannot be combined with registration for the annual meeting itself. Please follow the instructions below to register for this event.
Building Advocacy and Support for Digital Archives #18A1
Tue, May 8, 2018
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Taught by Fynnette L. Eaton
Archival Recertification Credits: 5 / General CEU Credits: 0.75 / DAS Tactical & Strategic: 1 / ICRM Certification Maintenance Program: 6.5
Register for this Event
Fees (Early Bird/Regular)
SAA Member $199 / $249
Employees of Member Institutions $239 / $299
Nonmember $279 / $349
*SFA members receive a discount; please refer to the announcement via our listserv or contact SFA for the discount code*
Early Bird Deadline is April 23, 2018
Are you ready to build a digital archives program? This course will provide the core components necessary to gather support, engage stakeholders, and enact the change necessary to be able to handle digital archives in your institution. Participants will learn techniques for engaging collection donors and technology staff in order to effectively collect and manage born-digital materials.
Upon completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Determine who the relevant stakeholders are in your institution surrounding digital archives
- Articulate the importance of digital preservation to identified stakeholders
- Communicate with donors about their born-digital material
- Build a digital archives program within the context of your institution
Who should attend? Archivists, records managers, directors of special collections and other information professionals who may be responsible for managing digital archives
What Should You Know: Participants are expected to know basic archival practice. They should also know the basic issues surrounding the preservation and management of digital archives.
DAS Core Competency:
2. Communicate and define terminology, requirements, roles, and responsibilities related to digital archives to a variety of stakeholders.
If you intend to pursue the DAS Certificate, you will need to pass the examination for this course.
Attendance is limited to 20.
Register for this event